Enyimba contingent for the CAFCC fixture against Al Ittihad is completely stranded in Casablanca.
• The team began the journey from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, in the early hours of Thursday and were to transit in Casablanca before arriving Tunis.
• Upon arrival in Casablanca at around 9:30am, the team was informed that access to Tunisia would only be granted if every member of the delegation could provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
• Efforts were made by the club and the Nigerian embassy in Tunisia to get special waivers but none proved fruitful.
• The only other available option is to quarantine in Tunisia for 7 days, but with the match scheduled for Sunday, that is not even a possibility.
• As a result, the team spent the whole of Thursday at the Muhammed V International Airport in Casablanca, without food and in the cold as their Moroccan transit visas would not let them go into the city.
• To put things into perspective, neither CAF nor Al Ittihad informed Enyimba ahead of time that the game would be played in Tunisia, and neither responded to the club’s series of letters requesting the match venue. As a result, Enyimba had already secured Libyan visas before later scooping that the game would be played in Tunisia. This information came just few days to the match.
• With no clarity on the situation yet, the Enyimba team is still completely stranded in Casablanca.